Thursday, July 02, 2015

Do You Pin?

Good morning! It's finally sunny here today, and I have only a quick couple of minutes to spend on the blog before I have to take charge of the day. 

astilbe ... a favourite shade flower
I have a blogging question for your this morning. Are you on Pinterest? I only recently joined Pinterest and have a few boards made up. I want to show the Pinterest link on my sidebar, but can't figure out how to do that. (Now figured out ... see update at the end of this post) If you have managed to do that using the Pinterest logo, could you let me know which "gadget" to use from the "layout" in Blogger. Thanks, I'd appreciate it :)

New shebunkins in the pond :)

Until I get that sorted, if you want to see my Pinterest boards the link is here.


My sons' garden art ... a welded dragonfly on the side of his arbor


Thanks for your help!

Wendy

Update: Thanks everyone for your input on the Pinterest question. Amy pointed me in the right direction, and if you are wondering how to do this, here are the instructions:
In Pinterest click on your name in the top right-hand corner to go to your own boards. Now under your name in the top right-hand corner you will see  a box "Edit Profile" with a cog wheel beside it. Click on that cog wheel and a drop-down menu will have a few items listed. Click on "Make a widget". A new window opens up called "Add a Pinterest widget to your site". Copy the entire code shown in the box. Go into your blog; click "Design"; click "Layout"; click "Add a Gadget"; click "HTML Java Script"; paste the Pinterest code into the "Content" box; click "Save" and you're done!

Lilies are blooming now!

12 comments:

  1. I'm on Pinterest, but I have no idea how to add it to your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, lovely images. Your son's garden looks so pretty and I love the lilies. I have the Pinterest follow me button on my sidebar but I do not remember where I got it from, lol. I do not "pin" often but I do love looking thru all the different pins. The pin recipes are always great. Have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on Pinterest, but have no idea how to add a button for it. Did you try Googling the question? That's how I figured out how to add a button to my sidebar for Bloglovin. I mostly use Pinterest for recipes. It's easy to get lost for an hour or so while on that site, so beware! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, yes, I do know, but.... trying to explain is tricky. I will see if I can find the tutorial that I used. In the meantime, as others have said, you can google it and you will find all kinds of great help, that is what I did. Also, there is a "widget" thing in pinterest, go to your September violets page, the one where all your boards are, and at the top on the right is a little cog thing, click that, then click add a widget, basically you copy and paste stuff into your sidebar - as you have done with the other things there. Hope that helps! You know I love your pins by the way!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I see you've got help already, so I won't repeat that, but if you want to look for me on Pinterest, I'm thistlebear. I like Pinterest. I don't use it often, but it's a nice distraction. I most often repin things that are already on Pinterest, as opposed to bringing things from outside. I think people on Pinterest have really good taste so I often go with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love pinterest Wendy and I'm there under carriebgroup. If I remember right I think I went to layout, picked the spot where I wanted it and then hit html/java script and put in the pinterest code I had copied off of the cog thing(like Amy said above). Hope that helps! If I can help more let me know. I will look you up on pinterest too. ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Fourth of July Wendy! Looks like you did receive all the good information you needed. I'll pop on over and visit you and follow you too.
    I enjoy Pinterest so much and it is helping me with the new house.
    Great positive inspiration from the rest of the world!
    xox
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Wendy
    Now if we can only get Bloglovin to update to the blogs we follow, I find it is a good day behind.
    My P button is at the top of my sidebar with FB etc. and I resisted it for some time but now find it handy, especially for recipes my blogging sisters share. I'm off to see your boards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am on pinterest and love it-I just recently ran into that area on how to make a widget for my blog-I really like it as it shows photos of my recent pins and it will take you to my boards too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Wendy, yes, I love pinterest! I am now following you. My daughter's and I use Pinterest to share ideas on projects we are doing or would like to do! Sometimes it can be very addicting, but so perfect to spend a rainy evening. I love the boards you have created. Next rainy evening I am going to explore them thoroughly. I hope we get rain soon........Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wendy, thank you, thank you and may I say, "Thank You!"
    I did not know how to do that either. Now I have added it to my blog, too.
    I am so happy that you shared this with us.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pinterest. I use it to store all the ideas I come across, though I can't honestly say that I go back and use them.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it's nice to know when you've stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...