Monday, October 24, 2016

Fall Crafting with Kids

I had pinned this idea from Pinterest a while back, and today I got my two-year old daycare kids to crank out a couple of scarecrows for their fall crafts.  I think they looked great, although the sad one kinda made me sad too ...


It was a wild and weird day today with lots of mist-like rain, occasional brilliant sunshine and a brisk wind sending the dark grey clouds scudding across the skies. The temperature felt like it was falling throughout the day too, so it was a good day for crafting inside. 



I'm in the midst of sewing a tutu for my daughter's "Queen of Hearts" costume she is working on. She's making the top from playing cards, and I volunteered to make the skirt. I thought I was finished making Halloween costumes for my kids, but at 22 years old, she's right back into dressing up all over again ... darn it! Once she's got the whole thing complete I'll share a couple of photos.

I seem to have all sorts of little projects I suddenly want to work on, but I want to organize my sewing supplies before I begin. I'm getting a few too many piles of fabric, ribbons and jars of buttons drifting upstairs away from my sewing nook in the basement. I can't stand working in a mess, so getting things back where they belong will be on the "to do" list for this week. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Wendy




16 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Autumn picture. You never get too old to dress up, looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did similar stuff as a kid. Beautiful fall colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute crafts and that last photo is beautiful . It is beginning to get quite chilly down here in our area near lake Erie and some trees have fully changed and dropped their leaves whilst others are still in the process. I have been tending to gardens readying to put them all to bed for the season . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute crafts for the season, and I'm sure the kids enjoyed making them Wendy. The golden glow of your last picture made my heart skip a beat - now I remember why I want to go back to Canada this time next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I love the cute crafts. They are adorable. The fall colors and trees are beautiful. The last photo is gorgeous. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your scarecrow craft and can visualize it being done with larger pieces of wood. That's a gorgeous Fall photo, unfortunately most of our leaves have come down over the past few days with wind and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute little scarecrows, those little kids must have such fun looking forward to seeing your daughters costume. I think you are never too old for dressing up and I still have a small dressing up box in the top of my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy,
    These are too cute and precious! I am going to make these with Wyatt and Molly they are 3 and 4.
    These little kiddos are so lucky to have you to watch over them.
    Gorgeous photos too-you always inspire!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! that photo is amazing. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scarecrow crafts are really cute and I love the last photo of gorgeous fall colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crafts are a great idea and the grand-children always enjoy doing some.
    I love your Autumnal tree, amazing colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe, these are cute Wendy. Your daughter is lucky she has a mom who can sew to help her out. When our girls were small I had to make dance costumes - imagine that - me! I tried and another mother helped me out when she saw my pathetic attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are darling, Wendy! I am getting so many cute ideas for my grandchildren here! Can't wait to see your daughter's costume. Wonderful autumn scene. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little guys are just too cute I think they turned out very well... Id like to try it with my grandson's thank you for sharing them. Cant wait for the cutome photos.. Gosh I havent made a costume in for er either,... With love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these!!! Miss V would love to make one!
    Beautiful Fall colours...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it's nice to know when you've stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...